Thursday, October 25, 2012

From Curation to Cultivation

@JenniferSertl suggests we need to shift from curation (static) toward cultivation (dynamic). She plans to write a new post on the horticulture of ideas, but I haven't seen anything yet.

As it happens, this chimes with a few things I've been thinking about lately.

1. I'm a member of a group that is supposed to be developing some new ideas, but seems to spending most of its time and energy into sharing ideas that already exist. It is as if the group were running a museum of ideas, and each member wanted his or her own ideas to be given pride of place in the museum. So I use the word "curate" in the sense of gathering-up-and-looking-after.

2. There is another group in the same field, which is trying to create a document. (I am not a member of this group, although I know most of its members.) I've been asking whether this document is supposed to be a collection of new ideas,


Evolving the Enterprise Architecture Body of Knowledge




Esteban Contreras, Creating, Curating and Cultivating the Social Web (Paris, March 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment